|Home||» Products||» Material Testing||» Barcol Impressor Hardness Tester|
Barcol Impressor Hardness Tester
As a Authorized dealer we are engaged in providing the broad assortment of "Hardness Testers".
These easy to use hardness testers are ideal for testing the hardness of soft metals, plastics, fibreglass and leather.
Making sure the indenter point is perpendicular to the surface being tested, the instrument is placed onto the sample and a light pressure is exerted against the instrument driving the spring-loaded indenter point into the material and the hardness reading is instantly indicated on the dial. No waiting, pre-loading or separate measurements are required.
There are three models in the range:
- 934-1 for soft metals such as aluminum and its alloys, brass, copper, and some of the harder plastics and fiberglass. Approximate range 25 to 150 Brinell (10 mm ball 500 kg load). This unit meets American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) Standard D2583.
- 934-1-0-1 a variation of the 934-1 that has a "flat bottom" shaped support leg. This is used to sit on top of the crest of the round rung of a ladder such as a fire department ladder. Approved by the NFPA, National Fire Protection Agency.
- 935 for the softer plastics and very soft metals.
- 936 for extremely soft materials such as lead, linoleum and leather.
To ensure the Barcol Hardness Tester is in calibration, a range of Standard Test Discs is available. Please select the appropriate Test Disc from the list of Accessories to supplement the disc supplied.
All results are recorded in Barcol Units (BU).
Barcol Impressor is mainly applied to test aluminum and aluminum alloys. Webster is used to test aluminum alloy extrusions, sheet and tubings. Barcol Impressor is suitable to test pure aluminum, soft aluminum alloys, super thick aluminum alloys, aluminum alloys bars and assembled aluminum alloys parts (e.g. al-alloy door &window, scaling ladder etc.)
Barcol Impressor is also used to test fiber reinforced plastics and rigid plastics etc.
Relevant Standard: ASTM B648 (Test Method for Indentation Hardness of Aluminum Alloys by Means of a Barcol Impressor)
- Packaging Details
- Barcol Impressor, adjusting spanner, 2 x indenting points, appropriate standard test disc and operating instructions
- STANDARDS: AS 3894.4, ASTM B 648, ASTM D 2583, NF P38-501