|Home||» Products||» NDT Equipment||» Precision Thickness Gauge|
Precision Thickness Gauge
- Packaging Details
- Elcometer PTG8, 15MHz 1/4" Microdot right angle single element transducer, couplant, wrist harness, 3 x screen protector, protective case, plastic transit case, 2 x AA batteries, calibration certificate, USB cable, ElcoMaster® Software, two year warranty extension card, operating instructions
- EN14127, EN15317
As an Authorized dealer we are engaged in providing the broad assortment of "NDT Instrument" for various applications.
The PTG8 is the top of the range gauge with all the features and functionality necessary for measuring, with precision, material thickness on virtually any material.
- Interface Echo (I-E) Echo-Echo (E-E) ) & Plastic Mode (PLAS) measurement modes
- Measurement range from 0.15mm (0.006") to 25.40mm (1.00")
- 2-Point, 1-Point, Material & Factory Calibration options
- Three user programmable calibration memories
- User selectable measurement rate; 4,8,16 readings per second
- User selectable reading resolution; 0.1mm (0.01") or 0.01mm (0.001")
- Scan Mode
- Readings, selected statistics, Bar Graph, Run Chart, B-Scan & Differential Mode
- Gauge memory; stores upto 100,000 readings in up to 1,000 sequential or grid batches
- User definable upper and lower limits with audible & visual pass/fail warnings
- USB and Bluetooth data output to ElcoMaster and ElcoMaster Mobile Apps
All gauges have a fully customisable, scratch and solvent resistant colour LCD display. Measurement modes available include Pulsed-Echo (P-E), Echo-Echo ThruPaint‚ (E-E), Interface Echo (I-E), Plastic Mode (PLAS) and Velocity mode (VM) (for more information on measurement modes, see page 3). A choice of measurement units are available, depending on the measurement mode selected. A stability indicator shows clearly both the strength and reliability of the ultrasonic signal.
When enabled, users can slide the transducer over a large surface area whilst the gauge takes readings at a rate of 16 Hz (16 readings per second). During each scan, the live thickness is displayed together with an analogue bar graph showing the thickness relative to the set nominal value and any user defined limits, with audible and visual warnings if any readings fall outside the set limits. When the transducer is lifted off the surface, the average, lowest and highest thickness value is displayed making scan mode ideal for checking a samples overall uniformity.
Velocity mode measures the speed of sound of materials and is ideal for determining the homogeneity of a material/alloy and the correct velocity of a material for calibration.
A time based, cross sectional 2 dimensional B-Scan provides a graphical view of the material under test, ideal for relative depth analysis. The zoom of the B-Scan reading can either be set to automatic or can be defined by the user to focus on areas of interest.
Plastic mode is specifically designed for measuring very thin plastics.