|Home||» Products||» Material Testing||» Tubular Impact Tester|
Tubular Impact Tester
As an Authorized dealer we are engaged in providing the broad assortment of Material testing equipments. Many surface coatings are subject to the risk of damage by impact. Impact testers allow reproducible conditions of impact to be defined.
Impact test describes a method for evaluating the resistance of a dry film of paint,varnish or related product to cracking or peeling from a substrate when it is subjected to a deformation caused by a falling weight.
The coating under test is applied to suitable, thin normally metal panels. After the coating has cured, a standard weight is dropped on the each panel from a height that will cause deformation of the coating and the substrate. The test can be carried out with the coated side of the panel facing upwards i.e.towards the falling weight downwards i.e. away from the weight. By gradually increasing the height from which the weight drops, the point at which failure occurs can be determined.Films generally fail by cracking, which is made more visible by the use of a magnifier.
The tubular Impact Tester is mainly composed by guide tube、limit ring of height and bed plate .The scale on the guide tube with cm and inch, corresponding to ISO and ASTM standard.
The test can be carried out
a) Either as a test, the test being carried out from one drop height and with a specified mass, so as to test compliance with a particular specification.
b) As a classification test, to determine, by gradually increasing the drop height and/or the mass, the minimum mass and/or drop height for which the coating cracks or peels from its substrate.
We offers many different types impact testers according to different standards. These impact testers consist of a solid base with a guide tube support, some different weights hammers falling weight and some different diameters punches. Users can choose different size and weight hammer to simulate paint used different environments.
Corresponding provisions of punch and model socket in test method
1) ASTMD 2794--- Impact performance of coating
2) ASTMD 3029—Impact performance of Rigid plastic plate (G method)
3) ASTMD 4226—Impact performance of PVC
4) Standards of water base wood coating in HG Chemical industry
- Packaging Details
- Base 1 pc, Guide tube 1 pc, Height limit ring 1 pc, Weight support 1 pc, 1000g weight 1 pc, 300g weight 1 pc, 1000g additional weight 1 pc, Φ12.7mm indenter 1 pc, Φ15.9mm indenter 1 pc, Φ16.3mm panel support 1 pc, Φ 31.75mm panel support 1 pc, Instruction manual 1 pc, Certificate 1 pc.
- ISO 6272-2, ASTM D 2794, ASTM D 3029.